The desire to prevent tooth decay is one of the main reasons people go to their regular checkups at Summer Dental in Las Vegas.
In this post, we are going to talk about five things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings emerge. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to decay are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among youngsters, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, and forego frequent snacking.
At Summer Dental in Las Vegas, we want all our patients to enjoy excellent dental health. Toward that end, we encourage you to come into our office every six months for a professional cleaning and checkup. Services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next appointment today.
Contact Summer Dental – Kids|Adults|Braces:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):