At Summer Dental, in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas, we are always striving to give our patients the best dental care possible, and advanced technology is an important part of fulfilling that mission.
Your Las Vegas dentist invests in innovative dental technology, and by doing so, he invests in your oral health and comfort. Updated technology promotes more informed decision-making, more accurate procedures, and satisfying results.
Digital X-Rays in Summerlin
Digital x-rays are an integral part of your oral health care, because they allow your dentist to see areas inside the oral cavity that cannot be seen by the naked eye. Digital x-rays provide an advanced way to see inside the mouth and diagnose potential problems, while protecting the patient from harmful radiation. Some of the benefits of digital x-rays versus traditional x-rays include:
- Time-saving (briefer and fewer dental appointments)
- Better images and more accurate diagnoses and treatments
- Easy transfer (you will see the images instantly, and they can be easily sent on to insurance companies or other offices)
- Panorex, a panoramic x-ray that provides a full view of the upper and lower jaws, the teeth, the temporomandibular joints, and the sinuses. We need this information to catch tumors and cysts, extra teeth, and other hard-to-see conditions.
Digital x-rays are a leap forward, and we are proud to offer them for your service!
We use a small, handheld video device called an intraoral camera to take actual photos of your teeth up to 25 times magnification. This device is comfortable for the patient and can immediately project the images onto a screen for your review. Our intraoral camera helps your dentist detect plaque deposits, decay, worn down teeth, or broken fillings.
Laser therapy allows patients to enjoy a painless dental treatment experience. Some of the benefits of laser therapy include:
- Reduced need for anesthesia because of the high comfort level of any laser procedure
- Fast and precise procedures
- Decreased chance of bacterial infection because laser treatments are hygienic and accurate
- Reduced bleeding and healing time
Laser therapy has brought dentistry into the next century. Experience the difference laser dentistry can make in your dental procedures!
Just as going digital has improved our ability to take x-rays and accurately scan the mouth, it has helped us make dramatic leaps in the actual crafting of your dental restorations and appliances.
With CEREC, we can design your dentalware on the computer and send it to the CEREC mill while you’re still in the dental chair. The mill will create your crowns, bridges, and veneers to uniquely fit you, with no lengthy wait time or lab transportation.
Cone Beam CT Scanner
We are proud to use advanced imaging technology in our office. Our scanner of choice is the Rayscan a+ Dental Imaging System. With the high-definition view of your teeth and gums that Rayscan can give us, we are better able to spot problems, diagnose them, and effectively treat them.
This form of scanning comes with three especially interesting features.
- Unlike x-rays, it can view soft tissue and hard tissue at the same time.
- The cone beam shape and panoramic abilities allow us to see your teeth, nerves, and gum tissue from several different angles.
- Rayscan has a light-guided field of view, so we can clearly see exactly what we’re scanning at any given time.
This device has great potential in improving the oral health of every patient. We would love to use this imaging technology to restore your health and confidence.
We offer advanced technology to give you the best dental experience you have ever had. For restorative, cosmetic, or general dentistry, don’t hesitate to call us at Summer Dental in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas!