Root Canals in Summerlin, Las Vegas
Tooth extraction was once the only option for a diseased or deeply injured tooth. Now, root canal therapy is the treatment of choice to cure an abscessed tooth. Learn more from our Summerlin, Las Vegas dentist
At Summer Dental, your endodontist can preserve the tooth with root canal therapy. You can maintain your natural smile and protect the adjacent teeth from damage. For most patients, endodontics are the best way to save money and comfort in the long run.
Is Root Canal Therapy Painful?
Your Summer Dental endodontist uses innovative strategies and tools to ensure that your procedure is comfortable. Patients often comment that they experience little to no pain, and that the procedure is comparable to a standard dental filling.
On the other hand, an infected or abscessed tooth is very painful. An abscessed tooth can lead to an infection in the jaw or throughout the body, and will always cause severe discomfort. During a root canal, your Las Vegas endodontist will remove the damage to put an end to these risks and restore your well-being.
What Should I Expect from a Root Canal in Las Vegas?
- During a root canal, your endodontist will remove the pulp and nerves from the tooth, along with any bacteria and decay.
- He will seal off the cavity with a rubbery material that keeps bacteria outside the tooth.
- Finally, your endodontist will restore the affected tooth with a filling or dental crown for added strength.
You May Need Root Canal Therapy If You Notice:
- Severe toothache
- An abscessed tooth (indicated by a bump on the gums)
- Heightened sensitivity to hot and cold
- Swelling or tenderness in the gums
Your endodontics procedure will be completed over the course of one to three visits. Our skillful endodontist and his team will help you maintain comfort during and after your root canal.
Root canal therapy is accurate and innovative at Summer Dental. To schedule your examination, please contact our dentist in Summerlin, Las Vegas, today.