“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Benjamin Franklin coined this phrase in the 1730s, as advice for fire safety. However, like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more features of modern life. At Summer Dental in Las Vegas, we apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some vital guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when engaging in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dicey fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Refrain from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Summer Dental in Las Vegas, helping our patients establish good habits is important. We provide general and cosmetic dentistry, and evening and weekend hours that fit any busy schedule.
Contact Summer Dental – Kids|Adults|Braces:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
10965 Lavender Hill Dr., #120
Las Vegas, Nevada